Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fall Picture Books

The other day I was looking through my sister's book shelf and found some fall picture books. While I found more than three, I'm going to post about the three I enjoyed the most.



1. There was an Old Lady who Swallowed some Leaves by Lucille Colandro. This book my mom was reading to my sister a few nights ago and I joined in. In one verse she swallowed a shirt and in another verse swallowed some hay! I liked this book because it's always fun to see what the old lady swallowed.







2.Buster and the Giant Pumpkin by Marc Brown. Buster is the star of this book instead of Arthur! In this book Buster is going to Oregon to a pumpkin farm. Every other page of this book Buster sends a letter to someone back in Elwood City. I also learned some cool facts in this book like: From one giant pumpkin you can make more than 300 pumpkin pies! A giant pumpkin has 800 seeds in it! I like this book because it's cool book to see that pumpkins can really grow that big.









3. Very Short Scary Tales to Read Together by Mary Ann Hoberman is a You Read to Me, I'll Read to You book. I've only read through two of the stories in here but this book seems very creative! I'm hoping to read some more stories in this book later.

No comments:

Post a Comment