Thursday, August 4, 2011

Book of the Week

I started book of the week about a year ago and only got to book of the week #3, so I'm doing it again. This week I couldn't decide betwen 2 books so I just did both.


1. 10 Things I can do to Help my World by Melanie Walsh. The cool part about this book is it's made up of 100% recycled material. I got this book when I was in 1st grade and my little sisters begged for my mom to read it to them every night. I read this book around Earth Day this year and got it out again the other night. I really like this book. It's very creative and the pictures are really good, too. There are good suggestions for how to help our earth.







2. Pictures from our Vacation by Lynne Rae Perkins is the second book. The illustrations for this book are wonderful. They show 2 maps in this book. The first map is a picture of how to get to the farmhouse where they are taking their vacation. The second map shows the lake which they never found on their own. When they finally got there it started to rain. I love this book. It is a great picture book that we have read a lot before bedtime.







No comments:

Post a Comment