Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Vacation

We just got back from our family vacation to Colorado this summer. We went to the Royal Gorge Bridge, Olympic Training Center, Casa Bonita, and the Omaha Zoo. The books I read in the many hours we spent in the car were: How Tia Lola Came to Stay, Judy Moody Goes to Hollywood, and Dork Diaries (the 3rd book).



How Tia Lola Came to Visit Stay by Julia Alvarez is a book I really liked. They used a lot of Spanish in this book because there Tia Lola comes to visit from the Dominican Republic where they speak Spanish. Miguel and Juanita are siblings. Their parents just got divorced and they move to Vermont with there Mami. Their Papi still lives in New York when Miguel starts to like Tia Lola until she paints the house purple. Today at the library I got the second Tia Lola book and am looking forward to reading it.

I'm still reading the Dork Diaries by Rachel Renee Russell so iIll tell you more about that later.

Judy Moody Goes to Hollywood by Megan McDonald is abook that has a lot of interviews with the actors. I saw the movie Judy Moody and the Bummer Summer and I ilked this book because it has a lot of picturesof the movie. You can even get your own thrill points in this book just like Judy did in the movie. I have read all the Judy Moody books and was excited when the movie came out.

My Summer Reading Goal 40 books!

I have from May 24 until August 29 when school starts. If you're wondering why I have such a long summer, it is because we will have a new elementary building in the fall and the workers are getting a longer summer to keep working on construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment