Saturday, December 24, 2011

Harry Potter



I have now read the first two Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling. September and October was spent reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone. This book was a great book but I liked the second book better. My favorite part in this book is when Harry is still living with his aunt and uncle. Another part I really like is when Harry finds the mirror that shows Harry and his parents{James and Molly} standing together. I also really like the part in this book where Harry is on the Hogwarts Express. I think the part that is the funniest in this book is when Duddly falls into the boa constrictor's tank. Christmas is another of my favorite parts in the book,I like the part when Harry opens the invisibilty cloak. One last favorite part of this book are the Quidditch games.

Last night I was able to watch Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. The movie was good for the most part. I found it scary at some parts but my dad and sister didn't. In the movie I especially like the Quidditch match where Harry's broomstick goes crazy. The funniest part in the movie is when Duddly falls into the boa constrictor's tank. The train in the movie is cool, too. If I would rate this movie 1 being the worst 10 being the best it would definitely be an 8 or 9.

Last night I lalso finished up Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. This book is my favorite Harry Potter book so far. Because I liked the entire book, I do not have one favorite part. One of my favorite parts in this book is when Ron, Fred, and George come to get Harry from the Dursley's. The magic floo powder is a favorite in this book too. The book heats up when the Chamber is opened on Halloween. But the Quidditch game is awfully good, too. The day the double attack happens I had no clue Hermione would be one of the two people turned to stone. The part that I like the most {maybe} is when Ron and Harry put the pieces together and find out the monster is a basilisk. They put the pieces together by visiting Hermione{stone}. When they are visiting Hermione they see that Hermione is holding onto a peice of paper, they take the paper from Hermione and find out... The saddest part in the book is when Ginny Ron's sister is brought into the chamber to die. Ron, Harry, and Lockhart go down in the chamber to rescue Ginny. If you want to figure out what happens I suggest to read the book.

I seem to be on a Harry Potter kick. Lego: Harry Potter Building the Magical World has given me a lot to look at and enjoy today. The buildings in this book help Harry Potter's world come to life.

Now, on to book three, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

No comments:

Post a Comment